Monday, April 8, 2013

Um...no?

We were at the doctor's office for Anna's first checkup. In the waiting room, there is a mother and her three teenage children (who may or may not have had whooping cough...awesome). Our daughter is in her car seat, very obviously dressed in pink and with a pink blanket draped over her. When the nurse comes for us, she asks for Anna (which could have been me I suppose, but why would I bring my husband and child along? Moral support?)

We head in to see the nurse who asks us to put the baby on the scale - completely naked. I get it, you want to get the exact weight, but really? How much can a diaper possibly weigh versus having a baby shit all over your probably-cost-a-million-dollar scale?

Your call lady.

Anyways, as Anna is being weighed, the woman from the lobby and her three kids walk  by. As she passes, the mother looks at me and says:

"He's beautiful!"

I glanced back at Anna. Um....no? That's not a penis...that's her umbilical cord stump?

As a woman with three children, she most likely knows the general location of a penis....but maybe not.

So WTF?

No comments:

Post a Comment