Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Noodle

My husband, his father, and his brother are all part of a bowling league on Monday nights. They meet at his parents house before bowling, and my sister-in-law, her son, and myself also stop by to have dinner together (read: I don't have to cook: BONUS!).

Since the birth of our daughter, I've been driving down there as well to avoid cooking spend time with family and leave Anna with her grandmother for awhile while I get some much needed sleep.

Judge me.

Yesterday, our nephew Patrick was having trouble eating his dinner.  

THE DEAL: Eat the noodles you have in your mouth, and you can have a cupcake.  

TOTAL NUMBER OF NOODLES IN PATRICK'S MOUTH: 1

START TIME OF THE DEAL: 4:30 PM

There was no end time. By the time I left at 6:30 PM, that kid STILL had the noodle in his mouth. I kid you not. There were bribes (which I am not beneath and definitely took part in), coercing (I will give you back your Mr. King car or whatever it is if you eat the damn noodle!), and some admission of defeat when my mother-in-law took out a set of train underwear she had bought him recently, which completely deterred from the entire "eat the noodle" mission. To recap, we spent 2 HOURS trying to get a 3 year old to swallow a noodle. And he ended up spitting it out in the end. It rolled around in his mouth for 2 HOURS and the kid just wouldn't swallow it.


I'm seriously hoping this stubbornness gene skipped a generation.....

No comments:

Post a Comment