Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mommy Moment #2

Apparently spring is the time to have babies (and summer is the time make them...). I have at least three women in my life about to give birth, so I found myself in front of the baby shower cards carefully searching for the perfect card for each.

That's a lie. I bought them all the same card. In my defense, it was 7:15 on a Sunday morning, I was in pajamas in Hannafords, and they're all honestly lucky I remembered to give them a card, much less a gift. I'm that braindead at the moment.

Anyhoo, after searching through two or three cards, I found myself choking and tearing up -- hence the three of the same card. I had to get out of there before they called a tear cleanup in aisle seven.

As a side note - why the hell aren't there any great-grandparent birthday cards? Seriously, when most folks are living in to their 80s, 90s, and sometimes higher, we can't even have ONE card acknowledging the longevity and reproductive prowess of these people and their offspring without having to write in the word "great" on a card?

Come on people.

No comments:

Post a Comment