Monday, April 1, 2013

New Mom? I think not....

I finally did it. I started a blog. Why did I do it? Will I keep up with it?

Questions I'm not even sure I can answer.

Maybe I want to document my daughter's life my family's life. Maybe I want to help other new rookie moms out there by honestly putting my own experience with motherhood out there.

Or maybe I just want to find somewhere to post all the BS that fills my head.

Hmm. Let me bring you up to speed.

June 30th, 2012: Holy shit, we're pregnant. OK, no big deal. We wanted this. At least this explains all the nausea...

Fast forward (pregnancy was interesting, but more on that later).

March 2, 2013: Holy shit holy shit holy shit I'm a mom.

I'm a new mom, but I prefer to be called a rookie mom. Why? Because new implies that I'm some complete idiot who just had a baby pop out of her hoohah with zero preparation whatsoever and am aimlessly wading through shit filled diapers, sleepless nights, and episodes of complete cluelessness. Which I am not.

My husband and I have a nephew and lots of siblings we helped take care of. We're seasoned when it comes to babies. Yeah yeah, it's different when it's your own, blah blah blah but in a good way.

Think of it this way. A rookie in the major leagues of baseball has worked his way up there, right? Been working for several years, getting better and better, until finally he's worthy enough of playing with the pros. He still has quite a bit to learn, but he knows that, and is eager to learn from more seasoned veterans but still do things his own way.

That's how I see motherhood. I am by no means an expert at motherhood (no one is) --but at least I feel prepared. That at this point in my life, I am worthy of motherhood. I have earned it.

At least, I think I have.

The adventure begins here.


No comments:

Post a Comment