Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Normalcy Theorem

Tonight was the first night my husband and I have gone out without our daughter (tear!). While we are out, it occured to me how awkward and yet normal I felt. I have compiled a relatively short list of things that currently make me feel pre-pregnancy normal (at least for now...).

1. Earrings. Jewelry of any kind, for that matter.

2. Jeans - they had an elastic waistband, but whatever. They weren't sweatpants or pajama pants, so let's call it a win, K?

3. Shoes with laces. That I can reach. By myself.

5. Wedding rings - OK only one of them fits, but progress is progress.

6. Showers. The 15 minutes of my day that I have all to myself.

7. Doing my hair. Wet ponytails DO NOT COUNT.

8. Exercise that does not involve lifting my one month old daughter into the air while I am pumping breastmilk.

9. Eating a meal WITH my husband, rather than playing "pass the baby".

10. Being able to see the scale without leaning forward. WIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment