Saturday, August 17, 2013

The Window Complication

We have officially moved in with my mother. And the dog.

It's a split level with four tiny bedrooms and two point five baths. The bedrooms are tiny because Anna fits in one and my husband and I have to split our basic bedroom gear between two more of them to function.

It's an older house. Needs a little work. All the doors creak. When the toilet flushes it sounds like Chewbacca. Glasses don't stand upright in the kitchen sink because it bows in the middle. Garage doors open and close at their leisure.

But the windows are pretty new. And the slider onto the deck.

There is no Central Air, but two bedrooms and the kitchen have A/C units in them, so we stay pretty cool. The baby's room has no A/C, but it has a fan and it hasn't been unbearable at night.

If fact, it gets into the 50s.

My mom tends to leave the windows and slider open during the day to keep the dog cool. 

And apparently leaves them open all night.

This is the third time I have woken up at fourish to pump and it has been freezing in the house. Not noticable to me because i shut my door. But noticable to Anna, who has been sleeping through the night and who's door can't close all the way.

And thus gets up at 3:30 to interrupt my only long stretch of sleep I get a night.

Did I say long?

I meant medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment