Saturday, August 31, 2013

The Mom Connection

Remember how I said becoming a mom meant you were suddenly part of some secret club?

It's true.

Ever since becoming a mother, it's like I have Mom-radar. I can sense them, almost like a superpower. 

And sometimes I can't. Sometimes I miss them completely.

And get ambushed.

See, when you have a baby, all of a sudden it is VERY easy to find things to talk about. An innocent "How's the little one?" can turn into a fifteen minute chat (possibly one sided) about breast feeding, teething, or funny stuff your kid said or did.

And you find it the people in your life that don't really care about those sorts of things. And the you find the people that you didn't even know had kids coming by your desk to chat up about their little ones and their stories.

And it turns into a battle of who can tell their cute kid story first.

This must be what penis envy feels like.

No comments:

Post a Comment