Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Dog Dilemma

We are still at my mother's house.

They cannot build our house fast enough.

My mom went away to Florida for a week. I was alone with Anna and the dog while the husband was in Texas. All went ok, and I felt like a superhero balancing baby, work, and dog needs including feeding, going outside, eye drops, incontinence, and insulin shots.

Whew.

And then the hubby came home and things were a bit easier. 

Until Thursday night.

When we had raging thunderstorms. Anna slept through them fine...until the whining dog woke her up. And continued to whine ALL NIGHT. So as a family, we accumulated about eight hours of sleep. 

Needless to say, I did not go to work on Friday. 

Now while I can deal with incontinence, shots, and gross eye drops, what I can't deal with is an inconsolable dog and no sleep.

The raging beast of sleepless nights had returned. I begged. I pleaded. I cried. A LOT. I yelled in whispers. I threw pillows. I threw an absolute tantrum after trying EVERYTHING. She wouldn't eat or lay with me or cuddle or lay down. 

My stance in getting a dog has changed. Because I can't deal with a dog that gets up and whines more than my infant child does.

I'd rather have a maid.


No comments:

Post a Comment