Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Breakdown Vomit

It has been awhile since my last post.

Mostly because I haven't had the time. 

Let me explain.

My daily commute is almost 4 hours total.

But I love my job, so I do it. Moving closer isn't an option.

And lately, I've been on the verge of a mental breakdown. I can't get things done. I think about all the things I could be doing while commuting, and it makes me crazy. 

I don't get enough sleep. Mostly because of the pumping schedule. So first move, get the pump out of the equation.

If you know what it's like to quit pumping breastmilk, you know that probably added stress instead of removing it. And pain.

Being in th cerve of a mental breakdown is like vomiting. You know you need to do it, but you don't want to, so you keep trying to hold it off. But it's inevitable.

So speaking from some advice I received, you can either vomit and miss the bucket (and end up cleaning it yourself of gettin it on someone), or you can tell someone you feel lousy and let them hold your hair back and nurse you back to health. 

Let someone take care of you. I know as mommies (or women in general) we feel the need to be strong and shoulder things alone, but don't. Not with that. That's what other mommies are for. Because they totally get it. They've been there and they are willingtonhelp however they can. Let them.

No comments:

Post a Comment