Thursday, January 9, 2014

The Milk Analysis

I've been pumping breast milk for ten months now.

The end is in sight. The finish line is SO CLOSE. At least once a day (ok, every time I pump) I consider quitting right then and there.

But I don't. It's only another month and a half. 

Do I feel an obligation to keep going? 

Yes.

But it is my decision to feel this way. My decision to save money on formula and give our daughter all the best things breast milk can do for her. My decision to lose weight(what a happy side effect)! My decision to keep going for all the mommies I know that couldn't do it. Because if they could have done what I have done, they would have. Because they respect the mommies that can do it, and still choose to stop. 

THOSE are the mommies I keep going for.

But I am so very tired. I want to sleep through through the night without waking up to pump. I want to stop awkwardly borrowing offices at work and carrying that backpack back and forth. I want to stop planning trips and schedules around pumping. 

And someday, I'm sure I would love to SLEEP BRALESS. 

SO CLOSE! I CAN TASTE THE MARGARITAS NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment